FCC Meeting and Event Calendar
- This event has passed.
September 2022 Program Meeting
September 14 @ 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Focus Program Meeting – Presentation by Nic Stover on Evaluating and Working with Light in Landscape Photography
NOTE: This will be a Hybrid meeting; we’ll gather at Lone Tree Civic Center (as we did pre-Covid) AND have members attending via Zoom. Masks are optional. If you have any questions, feel free to email webmaster [at] focuscolorado.com
Join San Luis Obispo, CA based professional landscape and nature photographer Nic Stover for a LIVE Zoom to talk about Not too Heavy, Not too Light. Just right. Evaluating and working with light in Landscape Photography.
In this presentation, Nic will talk about how the most important thing in photography is you and how you look through the light harvester (IE the camera) and the choices and decisions you make on how to collect the light that is falling in front of you onto your subjects of choice. Nic doesn’t have mastery of light nor the power to control it but he will talk about what he CAN control is how he reacts to the light he is given, not the light he wants, but the light he is given. Nic considers the science and study of light to be one of our most important pursuits in photography. This presentation will increase your understanding of how to work with light.
Some of the topics covered in this presentation include but are not limited to:
- New ways to think about light.
- Discovering how we view light vs how our camera (light harvester) views light.
- Exploring how the viewers eye moves through your images from the warms and cools to the brights and darks.
- Discover the true value of light in our images.
- Learn how do photographers describe and talk about light.
- Further your understanding of the ways in which light interacts with our scenes.
- Develop the skills so you can you most effectively use light in your images.
- Find new ways you can break out of your normal mode of working with light.
Nic Stover Photography exists to help nature photographers, who are interested in deeper connections, to create more impactful images, so they can confidently and consistently express themselves. Through his classes, webinars, tutorials, and presentations Nic works with people of all ages, backgrounds, experiences, and desires focused around a dialog on how we can thrive in our own unique creative and artistic process.
Stover is based in San Luis Obispo, California and focuses on nature photography classes and workshops encouraging his class participants to Develop their skills, Explore their capabilities, and to Create meaningful work.
Additional information can be found at Nic’s website.